1. Turn on ‘Vibrate on Ring’ or ‘Vibrate on Silent’ toggles
GoL Tablet Edition is an app expressly for older adults who are brand new to the world of the Internet. The GoL teaching app guides the new user through a series of hands-on, interactive, step-by-step instructions to develop basic tablet skills, followed by practice exercises for specific popular tablet functions. Self-learning, by proceeding at their own pace, the new users learn by doing – with instruction that lead to Internet applications – email, web searching, YouTube, as well as tablet tools such as using the camera, texting, and video calling.
User learning experiences are directly transferable to other tablet functions, apps, and the Internet at large.
Designed and tested for use with older adults – the key attributes are:
– Step-by-step guided instructions on each screen.
– Large type. Plain English instruction.
– No Advertising.
– Familiar and static graphics – all designed to avoid confusion and distraction.
– Help pages that are one tap away.
GoL differs from other means of learning the tablet in two ways:
– The focus is on the individual learner. The new user experiences for herself the excitement of discovery – the “aha!” moment, the “I did it all by myself” moment – that makes the learning effort worthwhile and memorable.
– We provide instructions on every screen so the user never has to worry about forgetting. From learning how to “tap” to learning how to download a new app, the user is guided through the process with step-by-step instructions.
Studies show that when an elder who is completely unfamiliar with computer or tablet technology reads all the directions and tries to follow then on her own, with someone there to assist and encourage, she will learn the basics of using a tablet in 45 minutes! No one should be left behind, particularly the older among us, who could benefit so much from the use of email and the rishces of the World Wide Web.
For more information, please visit their website www.generationsonline.org
This the first video in our Android classes for Seniors series In this class you will learn how to call and message your friends and family
1) Today View (widgets)
2) Extra Finder Touch ID
3) Customize Control Centre
4) Arrange Icons
Safari with tabs
Cool tips to get iPad settings open using Siri
Get iPad to speak what is on the screen
Move apps around screen
This video is a excellent place to start to understand the iPad
Covers these items
-closing app by swipe or pinching methods
-find apps on iPad
Simple to follow instructions video
Smartphones & iPads can be too easy to leave where others can take them, particularly in the nursing home & assisted living settings where many senior family members live, and steal the owner’s identity & money. A few simple steps, demonstrated here on the iPad & iPhone, can block access to data on the devices and even get them back into the hands of their owners.